web 2.0

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Alzheimer's disease

One of the most frustrating of modern diseases is Alzheimer's disease. First described in Europe in 1906, Alzheimer's is characterized by mental degeneration causing memory loss but preserved motor skills.


AlzheimersDisease

Causes:


The key to the disease is atrophy of the brain itself. The brains curves called gyri actually look dried up and shrunken upon inspection. Two major changes take place in the brain as the disease progresses. The development of senile plaques as well as neurofibrillary tangles, (both are microscopic deposits) and degenerations at the cellular level.


Possible Treatments:


Alzheimer's disease is not the same as senility and can begin as early as 40 years of age. Eventually the victim may become completely incontinent and may develop dementia. Both the exact cause and treatments are uncertain at this time. Many herbal as well as pharmaceutical agents such as antioxidants, anti-inflammatory drugs and cholinesterase inhibitors are being employed with results that are hopeful at best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.